How Much Does Skip Bin Hire Cost?
Average Price to Hire Skip Bins
Are you wanting to hire a skip bin? Skip bins are great for rubbish removal. Skip bin hire prices vary from state to state in Australia. An 8 cubic meter skip bin starts from approximately $400.
The price you can expect to pay for 2 cubic meter skip bin is $180. Then the cost increases depending on how big you need.
Hiring a skip bin is one of the most practical and cost-effective ways to dispose of the rubbish following home renovations, garden clearances and demolition projects. It is cheaper than using a man with a van service or having a removal company take away the waste and a lot easier than doing it yourself. Trying to ram the rubbish into the back of your car and embarking on multiple trips to the local council tip is an unbelievable hassle that nobody wants.
To ensure that you are not paying more than you need to, take a look at our price list to hire skip bins below:
Skip Bin Hire Prices
- 2 Cubic Metres – 2m³ Cost $180
- 3 Cubic Metres – 3m³ Cost $200
- 4 Cubic Metres – 4m³ Cost $240
- 5 Cubic Metres – 5m³ Cost $280
- 6 Cubic Metres – 6m³ Cost $320
- 8 Cubic Metres – 7m³ Cost $400
- 12 Cubic Metres – 12m³ Cost $550
- 15 Cubic Metres – 15m³ Cost $650
Factors that effect skip bin hire cost
There are, in fact, several factors that can affect the price you will pay. Apart from the sizes and dimensions of the bins, these include:
Skip Bin Sizes
Before you start on your renovation or clean-up project, you will need to work out the size of the skip bin for your requirements. This is the most significant factor in determining costs. Skips are hired by cubic yards or cubic metres, and smaller ones cost less than the larger containers because every skip company has to get rid of the collected waste. The more waste to remove the higher the cost. The usual methods of disposal are landfill, incineration and recycling.
If you plan to store skips on public land such as a road, you may need a council permit. If the skip is on private property, you will not have to pay for a permit. Most hire companies that will help provide permits and provide any further information on local Government regulations.
For more information about permits for use on footways and roads, visit your local Councilwebsite. If you are a Brisbane resident visit Brisbane City Council’s webpages on laws and permits for residents. The experts at Pro Skip Bins Brisbane can also advise you on whether you will need a permit and the process for obtaining one.
The length of time you want a skip bin at your premises. The longer the hire period, the higher the price. Extra charges typically apply for additional days or weeks. If your skip is on council land, you may need to pay for permit extensions. In general the hire period is 7 days.
Overloading Skip Bins
If your skip is too full with waste over the edges you may be requred to pay extra.
How to Save Money When Hiring a Skip Bin
Hiring a skip bin is already a budget-friendly way of disposing of large volumes of waste, but you can keep costs down even further with these handy tips:
- If you can, collect all the rubbish before the arrival of your skip. That way, when it comes, you’ll just be loading your waste directly onto the container. This will save you a lot of time and consequently your hire period will be shorter, which will save you money.
- If you are clearing a house of furniture, ornaments, fireplaces and fittings, call a house clearance company first. After all, one person’s rubbish is another person’s treasure. These firms will pick up your junk for free and then sell it on for a profit.
- Make the best use of space within a skip bin by intelligently packing the waste, so no gaps are left. Just throwing stuff in leaves expensive gaps that won’t be filled. Pack it like you would a suitcase.
- If you’re putting your skip on your drive to save permit costs, think about the weight of the waste. If it is too heavy, you could end up damaging the drive’s paving which could result in a costly repair bill.
- Don’t overfill a skip bin. You must fill it up to an even level without the waste rising out above the edges. The trash shouldn’t be higher than the side of the skip bin. Overfilled skips are a safety hazard for everyone. Overloading your skip might also mean that it is too heavy to remove and your skip hire company may not collect it. If they do manage to take it away, they may charge you more for the extra load.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
What materials can be put into skips?
- General Household Rubbish, Builders Waste, Green Waste
- Soil, Dirt, Rocks, Rubble, Stones, Pebbles, Dry Concrete and Bricks
- Wood, Metal, Plastic, Plaster, Paper, Cardboard
- Household Goods such as TVs & BBQ’s, Whitegoods, Fridges, Freezers
- Ewaste, Mixed waste
What materials cannot be put into skips?
- Hazardous Waste, Fibro Sheeting, Tyres & Batteries, Fridges and Freezers
- Liquid Paints, Oils, Chemicals & Poisons, Toxic Waste, Gas Bottles, Cylinders & Aerosols, Asbestos
Why Cant I Fill a Skip Above The Rim?
For safety reasons trucks cannot transport skip bins with rubbish above the rim. It can fall out during transport and potentially cause an road accident.
How many days can we keep the skip bin?
Standard hire is for 7 days. Please ask about extending your time of needed longer.
What the options with skip bin sizes?
Mini skip bins are 2 cubic meters. Small skip bins start at 2 cubic meters. Medium skip bins are around 6-8 cubic meters. Large skip bins are above 15 cubic meters.
How can I pay the skip bin hire company?
They will accept cash, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) or you can pay online.
Are there hidden charges when hiring skip bins?
Most companies won’t have hidden chrages. When you have explained your requirements, you will be given a quote that may or may not include GST. If you are going to compare prices between skip bin suppliers, be sure to check whether the quote includes GST. The only other reason for a price increase is the time-frame you hire the skip for.
Want to Know More About Costs?
If you have any questions about prices, please get in touch with us at Pro Skip Bins Brisbane.
Phone for a free quote or to discuss average skip bin hire costs call us on 07 3062 8466.